My grandmother the inspiration for the character 'Millie Dawn Jensen'



I Wrote a Book!

As a mom blogger and first-time author, I am thrilled to announce that my passion project, a novel I have been working on for five years, is finally ready for editing! This has been a labor of love, and I cannot wait to share it with the world when it is released in the fall of 2023.

Writing a novel has always been a dream of mine. However, as a mother of two, a wife and work-at-home mom, finding the time to write was a constant struggle. However, I refused to give up on my dream. I worked tirelessly, writing every spare moment I could find, and slowly but surely, my story began to take shape.


The novel I have written is a fictional tale of a young woman's journey through love, loss, and self-discovery. It is a story that I hope will resonate with readers and touch their hearts as it has mine. It was inspired by my amazing grandmother and her time growing up during the depression in the Pacific North-West. I have crafted a tale that follows her family's journey to survive as they go from living on a Native American reservation to life as migrant farm workers, traveling all over the state of Washington. My hope is that you to will be inspired by this incredible tale of survival, hope, and redemption.


Now that my manuscript is complete, I am sending it off for editing. The thought of someone else reading my work is nerve-wracking, but I am also excited to receive feedback that will help me make it the best it can be.


This novel will be part of a trilogy I have named “Winds of Change” and I am hoping to release the second novel in the Spring of 2024 and the last installment should be ready for Fall 2024. The 'Winds of Change Trilogy', will feature three generations of strong and resilient women navigating some of the most turbulent moments in history. The first novel, “Every Night has a Dawn” will cover 1927 - 1960. The second novel picks up in the 1960s - 1980s and the final novel will bring us up to the present times.


As a first-time author, I have learned a lot throughout this process. I have learned that writing is not just about putting words on a page, but about crafting a story that engages and captivates readers. I have also learned that writing a novel takes patience, dedication, and hard work. But, most importantly, I have learned that it is possible to pursue your dreams, no matter how challenging they may seem.


I am grateful for the opportunity to share my story with the world, and I hope that it will inspire others to pursue their passions as well. Thank you for following me on this journey, and I cannot wait for you all to read my novel when it is released in the fall of 2023.


Your friend in motherhood,

Rachel V


 

Comments

Popular Posts